Some of the services we provide include:
Emergency Food Assistance
Financial Literacy & Asset Management
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
Adult High School Diploma and GED Scholarships
On-Site Weber School District (WSD) Adult Education Classes
On-Site WSD ESL Classes
Community Support provides direct services, case management, and community referrals to low-income individuals and families in Weber County. Services are designed to assist clients in addressing and overcoming challenges towards self-sufficiency. Housing Assistance is now available, see below for more details.
OWCAP provides assistance with rental and related costs for households who are financially impacted by COVID-19. Below are areas that the housing assistance team are able to help.
Common eligible payments include
- Back Rent
- Utility payments
- Late fees
Eligibility varies greatly depending on the situation. Due to the high volume of applicants, it may take 5 to 7 business days for your application to be processed.
To find out more about Housing Assitance, please call (801) 399-9281 x 998
Food Pantry Hours
Eligible families can get 1 week of food once every 3 months.
You will need to fill out an application to receive food. Please bring the required documents at the time of service:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Cards (for all members of the household and birth certificates for anyone under the age of 18)
- Proof of address in Weber County within the last 30 days
- Proofs of income for the last 30 days
*ALL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.
Looking for work? We can help!
- Referrals to hiring companies
- Resume building
- Interview skills
- Individualized Case Management
- Supplies required for work
OWCAP offers these adult education programs in partnership with Weber School District:
- ESL Classes
- High School Completion
Circles USA Mission: To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
Circles is a free resource for families who would like to improve their lives by increasing their social capital, improving job skills, and connecting to members of the community. Through open conversation about the unwritten rules of the middle class, participants claim a stake in the community and become advocates for themselves and other families in need by attending weekly classes.
Through training and weekly meetings, participants (called Circle Leaders) build friendships with volunteers (called Circles Allies). Over time, these relationships help families climb out of poverty and achieve financial stability.
Circles isn’t about quick fixes or handouts. Circles equips families and individuals with the relationships, confidence, skills, and knowledge required to be self-reliant. Circles is a long-term program that assists families and individuals in reaching financial stability.
What can I expect from Circles Weber County?
- Weekly meetings for the whole family (dinner and childcare provided)
- Long-term goal setting
- Establishing your own support network
- Creating an individualized plan just for you
- Gaining access to community resources
- Sharing talents and skills with the community
Free Tax Preparation
Visit a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site
You can file your taxes utilizing the skills and expertise of one of our IRS certified volunteers by visiting a designated Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. There you will be matched with a volunteer trained to assist you. If your household income is $56,000 or less you qualify to have your taxes prepared for free at a VITA site. Vita is currently available for drop off and pick up only
All VITA sites will be closed for in-person tax preparation. Instead, taxpayers will drop off their tax documents and pick up their completed return later. Pick up/drop-off will occur by appointment only at OWCAP (3159 Grant Ave., Ogden). You may also prepare your own taxes for free at www.myfreetaxes.com.
For questions, please contact Elisa Balderas at (801) 399-9281 extension 309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Site Name||Address||First Day Open / Last day open||MON||TUE||WED||THUR||FRI||SAT|
|Ogden Weber Community Action Partnership||3159 Grant Ave||By appointment only||12 PM – 6 PM||12 PM – 6 PM|
|Ogden Main Library||2464 Jefferson Ave||Closed|
|Weber State University Community Edu Center||2955 Harrison Blvd||Closed|
|Heritage Elementary||373 S 150 W, Ogden 84404||Closed|
File Online Now for FREE
If your household income is $66,000 or less, you qualify to file online for free from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, internet access, an email account, and all of your tax documentation. The process takes about 60 minutes.
- Who can I contact if I have questions? For a comprehensive overview of this program visit: utahtaxhelp.org Helpline Toll-free: 1-855-My-Tx-Help or 1-855-698-9435 Hours of Operation Monday – Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM (MST) Email Support: Info@myfreetaxes.com – Available 24/7 with a 24 hour response time
Volunteer Tax Preparer
- As an IRS certified Volunteer Tax Preparer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah you will use professional software to prepare basic tax returns for people who have low to moderate incomes in the community. Using an intake and interview process will help you ensure that each tax filer receives all the tax credits they are eligible to receive. During the tax season you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week and will help numerous households. Free training is provided with both classroom and online self-study opportunities.
Greeter and Intake Specialist
- As a Greeter and Intake Specialist volunteer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah your role will help tax filers feel welcome and ensure that they are well prepared for their tax appointment. You will greet clients and assist them with completing a short survey and an in-take form. In this role it is important to have good people and customer service skills. You may also work with the Site Coordinator to ensure the site runs smoothly and the tax filer has a positive experience. During the tax season you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week. Free training is provided and does not require tax law knowledge or software training.
To make an appointment to have VITA assistance with your taxes, please fill out the form below.