Some of the services we provide include:
Financial Literacy & Asset Management
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
Adult High School Diploma and GED Scholarships
On-Site Weber School District (WSD) Adult Education Classes
On-Site WSD ESL Classes
Community Support provides direct services, case management, and community referrals to low-income individuals and families in Weber County. Services are designed to assist clients in addressing and overcoming challenges towards self-sufficiency. Housing Assistance is now available, see below for more details.
Utah Rental Relief Portal
The Utah Rent Relief portal is now live and accepting applications. Watch this video for a short tutorial on the application process. Which has step-by-step instructions and tips for the application process.
Click the button below for additional tips and information on the application process.
Follow our social media for information on the Utah Rental Assistance program.
Próximamente video en español.
Looking for work? We can help!
- Referrals to hiring companies
- Resume building
- Interview skills
- Individualized Case Management
- Supplies required for work
OWCAP offers these adult education programs in partnership with Weber School District:
- ESL Classes
- High School Completion
Circles USA Mission: To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
Circles is a free resource for families who would like to improve their lives by increasing their social capital, improving job skills, and connecting to members of the community. Through open conversation about the unwritten rules of the middle class, participants claim a stake in the community and become advocates for themselves and other families in need by attending weekly classes.
Through training and weekly meetings, participants (called Circle Leaders) build friendships with volunteers (called Circles Allies). Over time, these relationships help families climb out of poverty and achieve financial stability.
Circles isn’t about quick fixes or handouts. Circles equips families and individuals with the relationships, confidence, skills, and knowledge required to be self-reliant. Circles is a long-term program that assists families and individuals in reaching financial stability.
What can I expect from Circles Weber County?
- Weekly meetings for the whole family (dinner and childcare provided)
- Long-term goal setting
- Establishing your own support network
- Creating an individualized plan just for you
- Gaining access to community resources
- Sharing talents and skills with the community
Free Tax Preparation
Visit a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site
You can file your taxes utilizing the skills and expertise of one of our IRS-certified volunteers by visiting a designated Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. There you will be matched with a volunteer trained to assist you. If your household income is $56,000 or less you qualify to have your taxes prepared for free at a VITA site. Vita is currently available for drop off and pick-up only
All VITA sites will be closed for in-person tax preparation. Instead, taxpayers will drop off their tax documents and pick up their completed returns later. Pick-up/drop-off will occur by appointment only at OWCAP (3159 Grant Ave., Ogden). You may also prepare your own taxes for free at www.myfreetaxes.com.
For questions, please contact Nefi Silos at (801) 399-9281 x 505 or email@example.com.
|Site Name||Address||First Day Open / Last day open||MON||TUE||WED||THUR||FRI||SAT|
|Ogden Weber Community Action Partnership||3159 Grant Ave||By appointment only||1 PM – 6 PM||1 PM – 6 PM|
|Weber County Library||2464 Jefferson Ave||Open for pick-up only of packets|
|Weber State University Community Edu Center||2955 Harrison Blvd||Closed|
|Heritage Elementary||373 S 150 W, Ogden 84404||Closed|
File Online Now for FREE
If your household income is $65,000 or less, you qualify to file online for free from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, internet access, an email account, and all of your tax documentation. The process takes about 60 minutes.
- Who can I contact if I have questions? For a comprehensive overview of this program visit: utahtaxhelp.org Helpline Toll-free: 1-855-My-Tx-Help or 1-855-698-9435 Hours of Operation Monday – Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM (MST) Email Support: Info@myfreetaxes.com – Available 24/7 with a 24 hour response time
Volunteer Tax Preparer
- As an IRS-certified Volunteer Tax Preparer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah you will use professional software to prepare basic tax returns for people who have low to moderate incomes in the community. Using an intake and interview process will help you ensure that each tax filer receives all the tax credits they are eligible to receive. During the tax season you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week and will help numerous households. Free training is provided with both classroom and online self-study opportunities.
Greeter and Intake Specialist
- As a Greeter and Intake Specialist volunteer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah, your role will help tax filers feel welcome and ensure that they are well prepared for their tax appointment. You will greet clients and assist them with completing a short survey and an in-take form. In this role, it is important to have good people and customer service skills. You may also work with the Site Coordinator to ensure the site runs smoothly and the tax filer has a positive experience. During the tax season, you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week. Free training is provided and does not require tax law knowledge or software training.
To make an appointment to have VITA assistance with your taxes, please click the button below and fill out the form.
Alternative Food Pantries
Catholic Community Services Food Bank
Pantry hours are Tuesday to Friday 9 am to 12 pm. Food card applications can be filled out on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 am to 11 am. Documents required: Picture ID for all adults in the household, birth certificates for all children, proof of address (ie. utility bill), and proof of income for all adults in the household. Due to covid are only asking for ID and proof of addresses.
Mustard Seeds Faith
The pantry serves anyone that comes through, including families between Salt Lake City and Idaho Falls. The pantry opens Mondays at 3 pm and is open until the food is gone. Will occasionally open on additional days when they receive donations. For more information call 385-405-0053. Pantry only open when they receive donations, typically enough for every Friday, will do extra days when they have extra things. Posted on Facebook when they have extra days.
Weber Cares Pantry
(currently serving 30 students per month)
Online ordering only for fall 2020. Orders are available Monday – Friday and pantry hours will vary. You may receive up to 2 bags of food & resources each week. Only non-perishable food items will be available for the fall 2020 semester. 1. Place your order online – (All WSU personnel with a valid WSU I.D may use the pantry)
- Weber Cares will contact you to schedule a pickup time and day.
- Pick up your order at Ogden Campus Sheperd Union, room 402. 4. If you are in need of same-day emergency food, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call 801-626-7737
3848 Harrison Blvd., Ogden, UT 84408
Open Hand Ministry Food pantry
(currently serving 90 households per month. Pre-Covid serving 800 households per month)
2890 S 1900 W Ogden, UT 84401, (801)564-5964
Every second and fourth Saturday of the month even holidays, no limits on how many times they can pick up food boxes. ID and proof of address required.
Tri-City Food Pantry
(currently passing out 1,000,000 lbs of food per month – between 2,000 and 4,000 households per month)
2067 North Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT, 84401, Utah (801) 505-1400
Hours 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM Documents required ID just for the head of household and proof of addresses (Utility or bank statement). Everyone is welcome to receive food every 15 days.
|Name||Required Documents||Days Open||Frequency|
|Salvation Army||None||X||X||X||Monthly (COVID)/ Every 3 months|
|Hope Resurrected||None||X||2X per month|
|Catholic Community Services||ID, birth cert, proof of address, proof of income, application||X||X||X||X||Monthly|
|Mustard Seeds Faith||None||X||X||No limit|
|Griffin Memorial Church of God||ID||X||No limit|
|LDS Bishop’s Storehouse||Food order from the bishop (unless homeless)||X||X||X||Monthly|
|Weber Cares||Weber State students only||X||X||X||X||X||2x per week|
|Open Hands Ministry||ID, proof of address||X||No limit|
|Tri-City Food Pantry||ID, proof of address||X||X||X||X||No limit|