Some of the services we provide include:
- Employment Assistance
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Financial Literacy & Asset Management
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- Adult High School Diploma and GED Scholarships
- On Site Weber School District (WSD) Adult Education Classes
- On Site WSD ESL Classes
Community Support provides direct services, case management, and community referrals to low-income individuals and families in Weber County. Services are designed to assist clients in addressing and overcoming challenges towards self-sufficiency.
Call to Schedule your Appointment today! (801) 399-9281
Free Tax Preparation
Visit a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site
You can file your taxes utilizing the skills and expertise of one of our IRS certified volunteers by visiting a designated Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site. There you will be matched with a volunteer trained to assist you. If your household income is $56,000 or less you qualify to have your taxes prepared for free at a VITA site. Vita is currently available for drop off and pick up only
|Site Name||Address||First Day Open / Last day open||MON||TUE||WED||THUR||FRI||SAT|
|Ogden Weber Community Action Partnership||3159 Grant Ave||Feb 3, 2020 / April 14,2020||12PM – 6PM||12PM – 6PM|
|Ogden Main Libarary||2464 Jefferson Ave||Closed|
|Weber State University Community Edu Center||2955 Harrison Blvd||Closed|
|Heritage Elementary||373 S 150 W, Ogden 84404||Closed|
File Online Now for FREE
If your household income is $66,000 or less, you qualify to file online for free from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a computer, internet access, an email account, and all of your tax documentation. The process takes about 60 minutes.
- Who can I contact if I have questions? For a comprehensive overview of this program visit: utahtaxhelp.org Helpline Toll free: 1-855-My-Tx-Help or 1-855-698-9435 Hours of Operation Monday – Saturday 7:00AM-8:00PM (MST) Email Support: Info@myfreetaxes.com – Available 24/7 with a 24 hour response time
Volunteer Tax Preparer
- As an IRS certified Volunteer Tax Preparer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah you will use a professional software to prepare basic tax returns for people who have low- to moderate-incomes in the community. Using an intake and interview process will help you ensure that each tax filer receives all the tax credits they are eligible to receive. During the tax season you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week and will help numerous households. Free training is provided with both classroom and online self-study opportunities.
Greeter and Intake Specialist
- As a Greeter and Intake Specialist volunteer at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site here in Utah your role will to help tax filers feel welcome and ensure that they are well prepared for their tax appointment. You will greet clients and assist them with completing a short survey and an in-take form. In this role it is important to have good people and customer service skills. You may also work with the Site Coordinator to ensure the site runs smoothly and the tax filer has a positive experience. During the tax season you will generally volunteer 3 hours per week. Free training is provided and does not require tax law knowledge or software training.
To make an appointment to have VITA assistance with your taxes, please fill out the following form:
Circles USA Mission: To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
Circles is a free resource for families who would like to improve their lives by increasing their social capital, improving job skills, and connecting to members of the community. Through open conversation about the unwritten rules of the middle class, participants claim a stake in the community and become advocates for themselves and other families in need by attending weekly classes.
Through training and weekly meetings, participants (called Circle Leaders) build friendships with volunteers (called Circles Allies). Over time, these relationships help families climb out of poverty and achieve financial stability.
Circles isn’t about quick fixes or handouts. Circles equips families and individuals with the relationships, confidence, skills, and knowledge required to be self-reliant. Circles is a long-term program that assists families and individuals in reaching financial stability.
What can I expect from Circles Weber County?
- Weekly meetings for the whole family (dinner and childcare provided)
- Long-term goal setting
- Establishing your own support network
- Creating an individualized plan just for you
- Gaining access to community resources
- Sharing talents and skills with the community