Posting Closes: open until filled
SUPERVISOR: Education Supervisor
Salary Range: $13.00 – 14.46 DOE
STATUS: *Regular/Full Time – Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION: OWCAP is seeking individuals who love to work with preschool-age children in the classroom. This role is people focused. The teacher assistant will be helpful and provide support to the teacher and others in an environment that is free from competition. Position supports children in their learning and growth through planned activities that are developmentally appropriate. According to Head Start guidelines and definitions, plan and implement a comprehensive, age-appropriate curriculum by providing various materials, activities, and experiences that support a broad range of children’s prior experiences, maturation rates, styles of learning, developmental abilities, needs, cultures, and interests. Assist children in gaining the skills and confidence necessary to be prepared to succeed in their present environment and with later responsibilities in school and life. Embrace the role of the parent as the primary educator of the child and promote and support attachment between parent and child.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Principles of child growth and development, early childhood education and family support
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain child development associate (CDA) within two (2) years of hire and retain certification thereafter or be enrolled in CDA courses after hire
- Bilingual- Spanish Preferred
- All employees required to be fully vaccinated for COVID
All applicants must complete an assessment through Predictive Index to move application forward. Assessment will be sent via email from Predictive Index.