Posting Closes: until filled
SUPERVISOR: Education Supervisor
Pay Range: $16.25 – $23.21 DOE
STATUS: *Regular/Full Time – Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION: OWCAP is seeking individuals who love to educate and work with preschool-age children in the classroom. This individual will be able to perform their duties with a very strong attention to detail while remaining patient and conscientious of the children in their care. This position supports children in their learning and growth through planned activities that are developmentally appropriate while embracing the role of the parent as the primary educator of the child. Teachers strive to promote and support attachment between parent and child. This individual will plan and implement comprehensive, age-appropriate curriculum implementation by providing various materials, activities, and experiences that support a broad range of children’s prior experiences, maturation rates, styles of learning, developmental abilities, needs, cultures, and interests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles of child growth and development, early childhood education and family support.
- Knowledge of teaching strategies, guidance, learning, and child development; rich conceptual experiences
- Subject-matter content appropriate for preschool children
- Assessment procedures
- Methods of collaboration with parents and families
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualifications for classroom teachers as specified in section 648A of the Head Start Act.
- An associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in early childhood education; or a degree in a field established by OWCAP as related with early childhood classes as determined by the Head Start Act.
- One year’s experience in teaching preschool children preferred
- OWCAP complies with all provisions of the EEO and ADA laws. OWCAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disabling condition.
- All job descriptions are subject to change upon approval of the Board of Trustees and the Head Start Policy Council when agency need deems necessary.
- OWCAP is an at-will agency. This job description should not be construed as a guarantee of employment.
- All applicants must complete an assessment through Predictive Index to move the application forward. Assessments will be sent via email from Predictive Index.
- All employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID by January 2022 or submit request for accommodations under American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Title VII.