Posting Closes: August 12, 2022 or when filled.
Salary Range: $14.41 – $18.24
SUMMARY OF POSITION: OWCAP is seeking individuals who love to educate and work with infants and toddlers in the classroom. This individual will be able to perform their duties with a very strong attention to detail while remaining patient and conscientious of the children in their care. This position supports children in their learning and growth through planned activities that are developmentally appropriate while embracing the role of the parent as the primary educator of the child. Teachers strive to promote and support attachment between parent and child. This individual will plan and implement comprehensive, age-appropriate curriculum implementation by providing various materials, activities, and experiences that support a broad range of children’s prior experiences, maturation rates, styles of learning, developmental abilities, needs, cultures, and interests.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles of child growth and development, early childhood education and family support.
- Knowledge of teaching strategies, guidance, learning, and child development; rich conceptual experiences
- Subject-matter content appropriate for preschool children
- Assessment procedures
- Methods of collaboration with parents and families
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requirements are a minimum of a CDA (infant toddler) or an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in early childhood education; or a degree in a field established by OWCAP as related with early childhood classes as determined by the Head Start Act.
- One year’s experience in teaching infants, toddlers or two year olds, preferred.
- All OWCAP Employees are required to be vaccinated. Medical Exemptions and Religious Exemptions are permitted contingent on meeting the exemption criteria applicable by law.
All applicants must complete an assessment through Predictive Index to move application forward. Assessment will be sent via email from Predictive Index.