Pay per hour: starts at $11.03/hr
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Promote child wellness by providing nutrition services that supplement and complement those of the home and community. Responsible for ensuring proper preparation, sanitation, and service of meals for children. Ensure that all sanitation, food preparation, and storage standards are met, including all USDA, and Administration for Children and Families guidelines and standards.
- Set up dish area, help prepare food, make food deliveries off site, sweep and mop floors, wash dishes, glassware, and pans, empty trash and clean receptacles, keep area clean, maintain proper sanitation at all times, set up and break down all equipment used, assist other staff members.
- Attend assigned meetings and trainings.
- Support the achievement of in-kind goals as established in the Head Start Standards and the OWCAP development system procedures.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned as they relate to the kitchen function.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- knowledgeable of USDA and Office of Child Development nutrition guidelines.
- review and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards as they apply to child nutrition.
- have knowledge and ability to implement proper sanitation procedures
- Current food handlers’ permit and/or Serve Safe certification, or must be able to obtain
- Valid Utah Driver’s License or able to obtain one
- All employees required to be fully vaccinated for COVID
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
WORK SITE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Will work mostly inside and may be subjected to loud noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working with slippery/uneven walking surfaces, excessive heat, excessive cold, gases, dust, grease and oils, and hands in water.