qualify for Head Start, you must meet the Federal Income Guidelines,
be receiving public assistance, or be one of the 10% of children who
exceed the income guidelines.
income guidelines change every year, if you wish to check the Health
and Human Services Directory for poverty and click on the current years
guidelines click on Federal
Poverty Guidelines (shown below).
HHS Poverty Guidelines
of Family Unit
Contiguous States and D.C.
for each additional person
Head Start is a federally funded program which offers services to all of Weber
County in Northern Utah.
in Head Start are between the ages of three and four years old.
with disabilities are welcome and services are offered to meet those
childrens special needs.
Head Start Goal:
goal is to develop the overall social competence of children. This goal
is achieved by recognizing that the families are the prime educators and
working closely with families to become self-sufficient helps the child
in the long term.
Head Start Program Staff:
Start Program Managers:
Early childhood Development: (801) 399-9281
Program Design & Management and Healthy Families:
(801) 399-9281 ext. 335
the National Head Start Web Site at: http://www.nhsa.org
OWCAP Head Start Application Questions
Age of child (the child must be 3 or 4 by September 1st of the intended school year)
Live in Weber county (the child must live in Weber County)
If the child qualifies above:
- Pick up an application – address 3159 Grant Ave. Ogden
- Come to the next registration / recruitment (date and time is on the entrance page to the website).
Bring the following information to registration / recruitment:
- Proof of address in Weber County
- Birth Certificate for applying child – or something with the child’s date of birth (i.e. Medicaid card, legal papers)
- Shot record for the applying child.
- Income from last calendar year or the last 12 months (which ever best meets situation) or documentation of TANF / SSI or Foster Care.
Income documents include:
Taxes, W2’s, Check stubs, Unemployment, Written statements from employer.
Other important info:
- There are no buses / transportation for Head Start.
HEAD START SITES 2011-2012
Ninth St., Ogden
W. 4800 S., Roy
E 1900 N, Ogden
28th Street, Ogden
Liberty Ave, Ogden
Community Action Partnership, Inc.
Grant Avenue, Ogden
Weber Applied Technology College Children's School North & South
East AVC Lane, Ogden
N 3600 W, Plain City
S 2888 W, Roy